A six-letter password in lower case takes a hacker’s computer just ten minutes to crack
- Try not to use personal information like your birthday, name or website info
- Don’t use words found in a dictionary – English or foreign
- Combine Numbers, Symbols, Uppercase and Lowercase letters
- Choose a password longer than 9 characters
- Do not use the same password for every account
- Do not share your password
- If you need to share an account either create alternate access or make sure the other user keeps passwords secure.
- While random passwords are harder to remember, they are by far the most secure
- If you have problems memorising passwords, use third party software that will remember and generate powerful passwords.
We use and recommend Roboform – Download a Trial Copy of Roboform for testingGoogle+